Check out our Hutton Scholars featured in their local news outlets
2022 Hutton Scholars:
- The Second Annual Hutton Scholar’s Summit, hosted in Bozeman, MT, was featured in the Montana State University News! Read about it here!
- Laken Bunn, working with Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, is featured releasing Florida bass fingerlings as part of his internship. Read about the project he was working on here.
- Norah Bruce, working with the U.S. Forest Service, was interviewed about her experience by the local newspaper. Read the article here!
2021 Hutton Scholars:
- Sophia Teghtmeyer, working with Dr. Francis Juanes at the University of Victoria in British Columbia. Read about her experience here!
- Ella Humphrey, working with Dr. Jon Spurgeon at the University of Nebraska’s USGS Co-operative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit in Omaha, was featured on Twitter in a post! You can look at the tweet here!
- Gigi Hussain and Navya Penati were our first two Hutton Scholars to participate in a 4-week residential internship on the campus of Virginia Tech. They worked alongside professors and students in the Department of Fish and Wildlife Conservation. Check out a highlight of their work with freshwater mussels here!
- Anika Tolman, who split her time between the USDA Forest Service and Idaho Department of Fish and Game had her internship featured on Salmon, ID (where her internship is located) local news station. Watch the clip here!
2020 Hutton Scholars:
- Krya Kroll, was featured on her local news station for her work at the Bluewater Springs State Fish Hatchery in Bridger, MT with her mentor, Matthew Wipf. Check out an overview of her summer here!
August 20th, 2022
Hutton Junior Fisheries Program: I’m Hooked!
By: 2022 Hutton Scholar, Hailey Gerdts, posted by AFS member Patrick Cooney
November 20th, 2018
Summer on the Harbor: Hutton Scholar, Alexandra Grayson, explores biodiversity below Baltimore’s Inner Harbor
By: 2018 Hutton Scholar, Alexandra Grayson (Institute of Marine and Environmental Technology)
October 24th, 2017
Reflections on the Hutton Junior Fisheries Biology Program by 2017 Hutton Scholar, Christina Patricia and her mentor, Russel Barabe
By: American Fisheries Society’s California-Nevada Chapter