**PLEASE NOTE: The American Fisheries Society staff and our generous funding partners have worked together to identify various internship locations supported by the program’s partners for 2019. The listed internship locations represent opportunities which will be available based on sponsor funding received by AFS. If you live within a 30-45 minute radius of one of the listed locations, please select it on your Student Application. If you do not live within the vicinity of a listed location, you are still eligible to apply to the 2019 Hutton Program. Placements at internship locations other than those listed as options in the application will be made based on available funding.
THE STUDENT ONLINE APPLICATION IS NOW CLOSED!
If you have any questions, please contact AFS Educational Program Coordinator, Mary Webb Banning, by email [email protected] or phone (301) 897-8616 x204.
SUBMITTING YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION:
- Click the link to the “Online Student Application” above. You will create a username and password which you can use to log-in and update/submit your application.
- We recommend using the Student Application Checklist as a guide when completing the application.
- Your online application will not be complete until we receive all application materials. Once we receive your online application, transcript and recommendations, we will send you a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email make sure you have submitted all requested documents.
- If you are unable to attach essays, character and academic recommendations or transcripts to the online application, please email your documents to [email protected].
All applicants will be able to check application status through his or her online account.
SUBMITTING TRANSCRIPTS AND LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION:
If your school or transcript service does not provide transcripts to students and if your references prefer to send recommendation letters directly to AFS, please have your school or references email or mail your transcripts and/or letters to the contact information below.
Send the following forms to references for completion:
- Hutton Program Academic Letter of Recommendation (PDF)
- Hutton Program Character Letter of Recommendation (PDF)
ALL APPLICATIONS ARE NOW ONLINE ONLY. If you have hard copy copies of application materials that you are unable to upload to your online application, please send the to the below options:
- Email to [email protected]
- Sent via Express Mail to the following address.
American Fisheries Society
ATTN: Hutton Program Application
425 Barlow Place, Suite 110
Bethesda, Maryland 20814
You cannot submit this application without uploading a file to the transcripts and letters of recommendations fields. If you do not have a copy of your transcripts or letters to upload, please upload a Word Document to each respective field that states the document will arrive via email or mail.
Do not upload photographs or video materials, as they will not be considered by reviewers. Any information the student finds relevant to his or her application should be expressed in the Student Statement of Interest.
For questions about the online application or application process, please contact [email protected].