Submitting your Online Mentor Application:
Mentor applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible and to recruit students, by visiting classes and communicating with science teachers and guidance counselors in local high schools. **Mentor applicants are encouraged to become members of the American Fisheries Society, if they are not already** For more information about becoming a member, please visit our membership page HERE.
- Click the link, “Hutton Mentor Application” above to bring you to the online application page
- If you do not have an AFS account, please create one to be able to complete the online application form
- Fill out the Mentor Application form with all the correct information, your (and your co-mentor (s)) resume and project description)
- Once you have completed and submitted your Mentor Application, you will receive a submission confirmation email. If you do NOT receive a submission confirmation email, review to ensure you have completed all required fields then resubmit.
If you are paired with a Hutton Scholar for the summer:
- Internships should be eight weeks long starting between June 1st and June 21st, 2021
- Selected mentors must meet in person with his/her student match by the end of May before the internship officially begins.
- ALL schedules, projects, trips and co-mentors must be identified and discussed with both your Hutton Scholar as well as the Educational Program Coordinator before the internship start date.